Best Vacuums For Pet Hair 2021
We all love our pets. We love the companionship and amazement that having a pet gives us. But what we don’t love is pet hair all over the house. And if you have more than one, it can be a constant struggle to keep your home clean. Some owners think that fighting the battle at the source is the way to win the fight. Owners spend thousands on special shedding combs and vitamins. But what if we told you the problem was your cleaning method? Let’s take a look at the 10 best vacuums for pet hair in 2020.
10 Best Vacuums For Pet Hair 2021
Without further ado, we will give you our top 10 best vacuums for pet hair. Each will have a brief description and all the pros and cons of each one. They are not in any specific order, and they all serve a great purpose depending on your needs. Enjoy!
#1 Dyson Ball Animal 2
- Strongest suction of any vacuum; Even more power for tough tasks
- Self-adjusting cleaner head seals in suction across carpet, wood, vinyl, and tile floors
- Tangle free turbine tool, stair tool, combination tool included
- Whole-machine filtration ensures that allergens are trapped inside the machine, not expelled back into the home.
- Hygienically empty the bin with the push of a button
Dyson is the leading vacuum manufacturer, and for great reason. It smoothly goes from carpet to hardwood floors without having to flip a switch. And all hair is tightly concealed in the canister where it can’t escape. And with the multifunctional wands and cleaning tools make this the best vacuum. Your Dyson will last for years to come and give you a clean that feels like no other.
- Most powerful suction on the market
- Painless transitioning from hardwood to carpet
- Best canister filter on the market
- Best guarantee over all other brands
- A little pricier than others, but worth every penny
#2 Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Turbo Plus
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Powerful pet hair pick up in a lightweight and agile design
- Tangle-Free brush roll eliminates annoying hair wrap. Power Rating:7 Amps
- Hands-free empty with Cyclonic Pet Hair Spooling System means you no longer have to touch the yuck.
- Smart Seal Allergen System with optional Febreze filter traps dust and allergens while eliminating odors to freshen your home as you clean
The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser has so many great features. Not only does this vacuum pick up all hair and dander in your home, but it’s also super simple to use. It has attachments built-in and used on any surface. We also love that this vacuum has the option for a Febreze filter. So not only will your home look good, but it will smell fantastic too.
- Multifunction attachments
- Pivoting head for tight spaces
- Reusable filter and canister
- Great for hardwood
- Special brushes that don’t get hair tangled around it
- Not the best for thick carpets
#3 Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional
- LIFT-AWAY: Lift away the pod to clean under furniture. Or detach the nozzle to clean above the floor, on upholstery, furniture, stairs, and more.
- ANTI-ALLERGEN COMPLETE SEAL: Works with a HEPA filter to trap 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner. (Based on ASTM F1977 of particles .3 microns or larger.)
- BRUSHROLL SHUTOFF: Instantly switch from more maneuverability on deep carpets to gentle bare floor cleaning.
- PERFECT FOR PET OWNERS: Picks up pet hair and loose debris. Powerfully deep-cleans dander out of upholstery and other surfaces.
- SWIVEL STEERING: Easily maneuver your vacuum in and out of tight spaces, in corners, around furniture, and more.
The Shark brand is known to be robust and durable. A Shark will run like new for decades to come. This Navigator has a professional quality to it that you will love. The suction is powerful, and the brushes are gentle enough for hardwood. You will love how clean your house feels after using this baby. You could eat off the ground; it is so clean.
- Lightweight design
- Attachments available for other cleaning purposes
- Has a detachable canister for cleaning stairs
- Swiveling head for tight spaces
- The roller brush gets hair wrapped around it quickly.
#4 BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Pet
- EVERY PURCHASE SAVES PETS. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- SWIVEL STEERING FOR MAXIMUM MANEUVERABILITY. Makes cleaning around furniture and other obstacles easy. Filter replacement every 6 months
- TRIPLE ACTION BRUSH ROLL. Loosens, lifts and removes embedded pet hair.
- MULTI-SURFACE CLEANING WITH SCATTER-FREE TECHNOLOGY. Stop the scatter when tackling dry pet messes on hard surfaces.
- EDGE-TO-EDGE CLEANING. Tackle pet hair, dirt, and debris along edges and in corners.
Another great product by Bissell has made its way onto our best vacuums for pet owners. This fantastic vacuum not only has impressive suction for hair, but it also comes with specialized tools for it. These attachments make cleaning hair from hard to reach places easy and effortless. And since the canister is so large, you can clean your house from top to bottom without having to dump it. Add in a Febreze filter, and your home will feel much cleaner with only one chore.
- Makes your home smell great
- Special pet hair attachments
- Three rows of bristles for ultimate hair cleanup
- Hardwood settings with scatter free guards
- Automatic cord rewind
- Not best for all hardwood floors, only quick cleanups
#5 MOOSOO Cordless Vacuum
No products found.
If you have hardwood floors throughout your house, you understand how frustrating a broom is. With the MooSoo cordless vacuum, you can have powerful suction that can be used all over. This vacuum has hidden 4-in-1 features that allow for cleaning all over. You aren’t just limited to the floors. And it even comes with power adjusting features to preserve battery life.
- Recharging dock is also a wall hanger
- Runs for up to 35 minutes at a time
- Quick charging
- Large canister
- Smaller head for small spaces
- Made for any floor type
- Not a neverending power supply
#6 Hoover React Professional Pet Plus
No products found.
Pet owners everywhere love the cleaning power of the Hoover React Professional Pet Plus. This vacuum will clean your floors with powerful suction. And if you have different carpet and rug lengths, the smart sense technology will adjust the brush rollers for you. We also love all of the attachments that this vacuum comes with. You can clean your home from top to bottom without changing tools. And since the canister is so large, you don’t have to stop and clean it often.
- Powerful suction just for pet hair
- Professional quality
- Auto-adjusting brush height for best cleaning performance
- Wind tunnel to pull debris in quickly
- Sealed canister to prevent dust
- And swivel steering to easy use
- Many users complain that this vacuum is slightly heavier than other brands
#7 Eureka PowerSpeed Pet Turbo
If you are looking for a cheap vacuum that gets the job done, the Eureka PowerSpeed Pet Turbo is for you. While this vacuum is more inexpensive, it does not lack in quality. This 10-pound beauty has a powerful motor that gets hair bedded into the deepest carpet. And since this vacuum has different adjustments, you can use it on all types of flooring.
- Lightweight design
- Multiple attachments to clean anywhere
- Reusable filter and canister
- Cheaper than other brands
- Doesn’t lack quality or durability
- Louder than some of the other models on this list, but not unbearable
#8 Aposen 4-in-1 Stick Vacuum Extension Wand H10
No products found.
This stick vacuum has everything you need. With multiple attachments, powerful suction, and almost entirely dust-free, you won’t want another vacuum. Whether you have hardwood or live in a small space. Pet owners everywhere love this slim, lightweight vacuum that can be stored anywhere.
- Fast charging
- Powerful cleaning
- Small and lightweight materials
- No brushes to get stuck
- Softer on hardwood
- Runs for 30 minutes
- Not great for large areas
#9 Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Multi-purpose pet tools tackle stubborn pet hair and dirt on furniture, stairs and hard to reach areas.Wattage : 1320 watts
- SEALED ALLERGEN WITH HEPA MEDIA FILTRATION: Captures and contains 99% of particles with a filter to prevent them from re-entering the air
- POWERFUL CLEANING ON ALL FLOORS: Simply steer around furniture and into tight spaces on carpet and hard floors using the onoff brush roll to leave no mess behind
- XL DIRT CUP: A large easy empty dirt cup means less trips to the trash for a more convenient clean
- RUNS LIKE NEW 3X LONGER: The enhanced MAXLife System delivers longer lasting suction to maintain peak performance without regular filter maintenance
A vacuum with headlights means business. That’s why the Hoover MAXLife has made it on this list. Combined with perfect suction and pet hair attachments, dust and dander won’t stand a chance. Pair these qualities with being super affordable and cleans like a pro, you will wonder why you ever used another vacuum. Not to mention your pets will appreciate that it is quieter than your current vacuum.
- Comes with attachments
- Powerful sucking for the best hair removal
- Swivel steering for tight places
- For all types of floor surfaces
- Large filter with less dust kickback
- Not lightweight
#10 Dirt Devil Razor
- SWIVEL AND SWERVE: Dirt and hair tucked in corners and under furniture are no match for the full 180-degree movement of this powerful upright
- NO LOSS OF SUCTION: Consistently powerful performance on carpets and hard floors with a rinsable filter that will help extend the life of your vacuum
- UNINTERRUPTED MULTI-FLOOR CLEAN: Smoothly clean from hard floors to carpets and maneuver around obstacles that no longer stand in the way with the full 180-degree movement swivel steering and automatic floor height adjustment of this powerful upright
- TURBO TOOL: Easily remove embedded dirt, dust, and pet hair from both carpets and hard floors with the on- board turbo tool
- QUICK & EASY REACH: Clean even higher surfaces with the flexability and ease of the on-board quick release extension wand for 10 feet of extra reach
And last but not least, we have the Dirt Devil Razor. This vacuum makes our list for its affordability without losing power. Your new Dirt Devil will suck up even the most stubborn hair. And the special attachments make cleaning easier for tight spaces. The Dirt Devil Razor is tough on carpet and gentle on wood so that you can clean anywhere.
- Strong motor
- Swivel steering
- Pet hair attachments
- Some owners have complained that this vacuum tips easily
Why You Need One Of These Vacuums
Have you ever swept the floor, or vacuumed, and seen a dust bunny float by after? No matter how much you clean or how hard you try, the hair never seems to end! Hair gets on your furniture, clothes, curtains, and sometimes your food. It can be very frustrating, especially if you are expecting guests.
But if you choose a vacuum made for pet hair, you can get the job done right the first time. These are the best vacuums for pet owners because they are versatile and powerful. Each of these vacuums is equipped with powerful suction that you can’t find in regular vacuums. They also come with attachments so you can clean your house from top to bottom. You will wonder why you tried any other method for cleaning hair after these babies.
And what makes these vacuums even better is that they are so fast. Did you get a 15-minute warning that the in-laws were coming? Whip out your favorite vacuum, and it’s attachments, and you can have the whole house cleaned in minutes. And with just enough time to put some pants on yourself.
The best vacuum for you depends on your needs. As you can see from our list, you can buy vacuums in multiple styles. Some of these vacuums are combinations of different types, and each is better than the last. Evaluating your needs can help you choose the best vacuum the first time.
Upright, Hand-Held, Or Stick
The most common type of pet hair vacuum is the upright. They are the most powerful and usually come with every attachment available. You can use the upright all over your home without having multiple tools. Most people like how well the upright works compared to other styles because of these reasons. But they can be bulky and hard to use on hardwood floors, so flooring should be considered when buying one.
Next is the hand-held. These small vacuums are not meant for all-over use. But they are great for cleaning the couches or cars. You will like that you can store it away quickly and that most of them are cordless. Some hand-held vacuums even come with special attachments for the best suction.
And finally, a stick vacuum. These slim vacuums are cordless, bagless, and sometimes can come apart to make a hand-held. Stick vacuums are excellent for hardwood floors, tight corners, and area rugs. Some of them are even powerful enough for all-over use. These versatile vacuums are great for every occasion you can think of.
Bag or Bagless
The other option you will have to consider is if you want a bag or bagless style vacuum. These mostly concern upright vacuums, but each has its place. Some people prefer bags because they are easier to clean up. They also pick up more hair and dust than bagless styles. The only downside is that you have to keep buying replacement bags.
Bagless vacuums are more modern and eco-friendly. You don’t have to worry about buying bags every few weeks because, let’s face it; pet owners vacuum a lot. And the parts are easier to replace if needed. But they don’t contain the dust when emptying them like bagged vacuums are.
Benefits Of Using A Pet Hair Vacuum
There are several reasons you should ditch your current broom and dustpan. If you like working harder and longer, then you should stick to your outdated cleaning methods. But if you want to step into the 21st-century cleaning, read the benefits of a pet fur vacuum below.
We don’t like to spend our lives combating hair. Especially when we could be spending that time with our beloved pets. Using a vacuum specialized for pet hair could speed up your cleaning routine.
#2 Fewer Allergies
Having a more efficient cleaning routine could also help some of your allergies. With less dander and hair in the air, there will be less to tickle your nose. This is a huge benefit if you already suffer from seasonal allergies that flare up easily.
#3 Less Dust
Dust is mostly made from skin cells, hair, and dirt. With the proper vacuum, you will notice less dust in the house. And in turn, this circles back to having fewer allergies and less time doing other chores.
#4 Saves Your Air Filters
With less dust and dander in the house, you will find that you have to change your air filters less often. Your air will smell and feel cleaner. The average pet owner should change their filters every two months. But if you have the best vacuums for pet fur, you could make it three or even four months.
#5 Mental Stability
And last but not least, having the right vacuum will benefit your mental stability. There will be no more pulling out your own hair, trying to clean up after your pets. With the proper vacuum, you won’t have to worry about driving yourself mad ever again.
What To Look For In The Best Pet Hair Vacuum
We obviously have very high standards in what products we recommend. And while these vacuums might look great. You might be wondering why we chose them. What exactly are our criteria for the best vacuums for pet hair?
Easy To Use
The first thing that we look for is that a vacuum is easy to use. No one wants a complicated vacuum that makes the job harder. You don’t want to be caught trying to turn the vacuum off and releasing the filter instead.
We all love multifunction tools in the home. And having attachments on your vacuum will make you feel like a cleaning god. Your vacuum should have the ability to tackle any mess you have for it. So for any vacuum we choose, we look for multifunction properties.
The main thing to look for in a vacuum for pet hair is strong suction. Higher suction power is what makes or breaks a pet vacuum, so we only choose the best. Every vacuum on this list will have incredible suction power for every type of pet hair you have.
Most of us have multiple types of flooring in our homes. Wouldn’t it be great if you could have one tool for all of them? We strive to look for vacuums that will serve the most purpose with the most functions.
We don’t believe in objects cluttering our homes unnecessarily. Having a vacuum that is tiny and yet powerful is what we want. Besides, the less space your cleaning tools take up, means more room for spoiling your pets.
If you are looking for a stick or hand-held vacuum, battery life is essential. You don’t want the vacuum dying before you can get the job done. Battery operated vacuums on our list will last and won’t compromise suction.
We also look for vacuums with larger dust canisters. You shouldn’t have to dump the canister every time you vacuum. And having a larger canister means you can clean more efficiently and take fewer trips to the dumpster.
And finally, if you have pets, you know that having the loudest vacuum ever isn’t a great option. While none of these vacuums are noiseless, they are quieter than average.
These vacuums will make your life easier all around. No more pile of tools to clean hair, or spending countless hours cleaning. And with all the extra time on your hands, you can now bond with your pet carefree. So go on ahead and give your dog or cat a good scratching without fear. You now have one of the best vacuums for pet hair!